Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cedar Point

So we took the Senior High to Cedar Point yesterday and we had a blast. It took forever to get into the park because of the long lines at the group sales counter, but we still had a blast.

The crazy thing was that Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed Wallace of the Detroit Pistons were there! We were on our way to ride the Iron Dragon (I know it's not the most glamorous ride), and the guy sitting at the front of the line said that they had just walked by. I gave my cell phone number out to all the teens before we went into the park and I was getting phone calls all day from people telling me that they had seen these guys. I was really getting bummed because I was the Detroit fan, and I wasn't getting to see these guys (Shari saw them on three different occasions). Finally it was the end of the night and we were trying to gather up all of the teens. And who would walk by Tayshaun and Rasheed within 5 feet and all of their family and their bodyguards and publicists. It was a beautiful thing!

Anyway the trip was pretty good we only had one problem that needed to be dealt with, and that's pretty good considering we had 26 students.

4 comments:

Rob said...

No pics?? What gives... you go to CP and no pictures??? Pretty cool you got to see them... Were they getting mobbed at all?

Sara said...

Oh those good old Cedar Point trips...i loved those when our church went to them.

Unknown said...

Sorry Rob, no pics.

One of the guys we took tried to take a pic with his cell phone from 25 feet away of Rasheed but one of his bodygaurds spooked him so he didn't get it.

Tayshaun doesn't look as lanky in person.

tammi said...

Ahhh....Cedar POint. I haven't been there in FOREVER. :( But I suppose since I've spent 3 of the last 5.5 years pregnant, it leaves a small window of time for riding rides anyway.

bummer.

sounds like you guys had fun. :)
And hooray for seeing....whoever those famous people were.