Wednesday, August 23, 2006

1 - So I Feel....

Vanessa ccnvenently asked if there was peace in Goshen, IN. I don't know. I don't think so. Is the world of Goshen, IN the way its supposed to be? No. Most of you have no idea what I'm talking about, so...

It was Saturday and one of the families of the church invited us to go boating with them on a lake in Michigan, so we went. We were out all afternoon, and had a great time. We got off of the lake at 7:30pm and I noticed that I had missed 9 phone calls. I know that I'm not that popular, when I finally got in range for my voice mail it was 7:45. I wont elaborate on all of the phone calls, but I will say that the majority of them were saying that something tragic happened and that there was an emergency Elder Board meeting at 8:00 pm. So I went right to the church, and I was met my our Assimilation Pastor who told me that our Senior Pastor had resigned, effective immediately. My first thought was that I didn't have all of my boxes unpacked yet.

So about a week ago now, my senior pastor resigned...That's right...I've been here for 7 weeks and he resigns. I was angry. I was hurt. I put on a good face, and struggled on the inside.

This past weekend Shari and a bunch of ladies went to the Women of Faith Conference, our former Senior Pastor's Wife went too. Friday morning before she left Shari came to the office with me to help me with somethings. And our former Senior Pastor came into the office. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but Shari did. And even though I adamantly told her no, she talked to him about coming over while she and his wife were gone that he and I could spend some time together. She told him that I was going to call later and that he should expect it.

I was mad. But what was I going to do...I called. As soon as I called I wasn't angry anymore.

Some have said that I was justifiably angry. Some consoled me by saying that they would be angry in that situation. Some...

I was wrong in my anger. Something that God has been teaching me for sometime now.

I apologized to him about the anger I had. It felt really good to let him know that. We ended up having a really great conversation and watching a good movie together.

My wonderful wife forced me to do what I didn't want to do, she knew what would happen if I did, and she made me do it. She forced me. Thank you so much baby. I love you.

Is there peace...No...But we're closer...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

13 to go... I'm reading...

Vanessa said...

It takes time...and energy...

klasieprof said...

SOOO give a CLUE...infidelity? Exhaustion?...and "Whad up" with you all now?

YIKES>>...((HUGS))

Unknown said...

His words were that he just Burned Out!