Monday, May 21, 2007

Umm...Over Their Heads?

So I had my students do this activity yesterday morning. They had to look at four passages that mentions the Day of the Lord and write down some descriptions about it. It didn't go over to well I even had leaders struggle. So, I'll do it really fast and see what I think.



Joel 2:28-3:3
The sun and moon will turn to blood.
People will unjustly party.
People will prophesy.
Bloodshed.


Amos 5:18-27
It will be of darkness and not light.
It will be one bad thing after another.
It will be a time of hopelessness, and suffering.
Worshipping God may be futile.


Obadiah 15
God will judge the godless nations.

Malachi 4:1-6
Fire will consume the wicked.

Was it over their heads? I don't know. I can't remember the last time I was led through a study in the minor prophets.

No comments: