Friday, May 11, 2007

Spider-Man 3

So, its been a week, I feel that I can let my honest opinion about the movie out without feeling guilty about spoiling the movie to you faithful readers, (caution: spoilers ahead!)

I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it. I feel as though they packed too much into this one film. Plotline summery:
  • Peter Parker and Mary Jane fight
  • Ben Parker's true killer, Flint Marko, is revielled and escapes to find that his daughter's sick.
  • He winds up caught in the middle of the Particle Physics Experiment and his DNA becomes infused with sand - Sandman.
  • Peter Parker starts to wear the Black suit of the Marsian Symbiote.
  • Peter becomes dark - vengful
  • He then creates a competitor of Eddie Brock at the paper.
  • A lot of revenge situations take place.
  • There is a lot about the Mary Jane/Peter Parker relationship (they get married eventually - and divorsed).
  • Peter loses the symbiote and it comes to Eddie Brock - who now hates Peter Parker - Eddie then becomes Venom (even though the name Venom only appears in the ending credits.
  • A lot happens with Harry Osborn
  • Mary Jane gets kidnapped by Venom and Sandman (who have now teamed up - possible sinister six reference)
  • Peter and Harry fight Venom and Sandman
  • Peter kills the symbiote and Eddie kills himself by running towards the symbiote when Peter blows it up.
  • Peter lets Sandman go - Forgives him for killing his uncle Ben.

Ok, here we go. I don't think they should have killed Venom. I felt that it would have been better to set up Venom in Spider-Man 4 so as to develop the character. I felt as though the ending should have been the fight with Sandman. And when everything is over there be a scene of Venom webslinging. I felt as though by killing Venom that the possible storylines of Carnage and Toxin have disappeared from all hopes of becoming a movie.

All in all though, I thought it was better than most people are saying it was. I definately thought that you couldn't do 7 Spider-Man movies without doing the Venom storyline. What I like about Spider-Man is the inner conflict that Peter has. Struggling with what is right and what is easy. Using his new found ability to help others, and taking care of people. I love that real aspect to the character, and I love that they brought it to the movies.

Movie Rating: B-

No comments: