Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Mystery Penny

So this morning I went to the gas station - I was out of gas. I checked my wallet (I lost my debit card on Sunday) and I only had $18 so I told myself "you can't go over $18." So I did my best. I usually don't care if I go over the dollar amount (The whole Jerry Signfeld AMEX commercial) because I usually pay at the pump. Well, after that I had a ADD moment and wasn't paying any attention and realized right at precise moment and just let go of the pump and it miraculously landed on $18! I was so excited. I couldn't believe what happen I just stared at the $18.00 on the screen. Anyway I put the pump back on the rack and twisted the gas cap back on, and I turned around and just happened to glance at the screen again. Something was wrong it didn't say $18.00 it said $18.01 I couldn't believe it (in case you weren't counting that's two unbelievable moments in less than 10 seconds - I figure that's pretty good). So astonished I went the the car and dug and found several pennies that were glued together from spilled pop in the bottom of the cup dispenser. I pried it out and walked inside barely holding onto this penny. I paid and as soon as that penny left my hand I realized that they had one of those Need a Penny Take a Penny things...Bummer!

No comments: