Tuesday, May 30, 2006

We Made it Back!

After an 18 1/2 hours of travel...We are now back in the States!

Germany
The entire reason we went to Europe was for my brother Jacob's wedding. There are a ton of pics to look at. It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful day for a wedding (It rained for 10 minutes - but it rained everyday while we were in Europe for at least a half-hour, except for our last day). Here are some links to pictures (Shari's are on there, but not my mom's - yet).

Germany Wedding

This is the photographers Website he is supposed to do more that just the front page soon, but it is a very cool shot!

The Hopeful

We spent a couple of extra days in the Frankfurt area, and besides taken a wonderful 3 hour walk through some beautiful vineyards up to a monastery that produces wine translated means "The Wine of Heaven" and visiting a children's Bible museum (which had a 1535 copy of the Luther Bible Translation - Way Cool!), we really didn't do much. We had a great time getting to know Jacob's new in-laws better, and as well as our host (we stayed with a family in the area).

Paris
After 4 days in Germany we spent 5 days in Paris. Now many of you know that Shari and I were planning to go to Paris for our honeymoon, but it didn't work out and we went on a Caribbean Cruise and to Disney World instead. So, needless to say we were a little excited to go on this trip. We saw all the sites...

Eiffel Tower
Arc de Triumphe
Champs l'Elyese
The Lourve
d'Orsay
Notre Dame
Sacre Coure
The Palace of Versailles

You know all the basics, there were others, but you might get jealous if I right them all out. I'm sure that Shari will post some pictures soon. We had a blast, but I think that Shari and I wore out my parents and possibly my fast paced brother.

Disneyland Paris
Since I started dating Shari she has continually told me of her desire to go to Disneyland Paris before she died. Well, it was on this trip that I told her that I to have had this dream. I in recent years have become a huge fan of the Disney parks. We went to Disney World last March and last July and now Disneyland Paris. It was a blast. We got a great deal on a hotel inside the park. We got free tickets from our families for Shari's graduation. And we just had fun enjoying the parks. Now I can't speak for Shari, but what I like about the parks is the large vision of Walt Disney, and the close attention to detail that is put into everything. That just doesn't happen. Usually vision doesn't accompany detail.

Trip Home
The trip home started about at 3:30 am EST and didn't finish until about 9:00 pm. It was ok and seemed to got faster than the trip there. But it was definitely good to see home again. So about an hour ago I started to write this post it is now 6:30 am (12:30 pm in Paris) and I am still trying to get over my jet lag. Who knows how long that will take.

I will have some pictures up in the near future.

1 comment:

klasieprof said...

WOULD YOU UPDATE US PLEASE?? WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU???
d.