Tuesday, April 25, 2006

R-U-4-86!

So had a customer that came into the store today...This particular customer is one who comes in quite often so often in fact that we've nicknamed him Dr. Huxtable since he often will wear srubs into the store, and he has this commanding presence that you just can't get away from.

Well, today he came in and I don't mind helping him, he's kind of bossy but not a bad customer. Well, anyway I was helping him and he got a phone call. It was a patient and obviously the woman on the other end thought she was pregnant he was talking her through figuring out whether or not she was, and just seeing an episode of the Gilmore Girls with a prenancy scare, that's the feel I got from the phone call. Well, all of a sudden this "opposite of Dr. Huxtable" started talking about the benefits of RU-486 the latest greatest abortion pill. My jaw hit the floor I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He went on to say that you just take three pills and then you'll have a long menstral period and it will be all over. Then he said something about how she should come in the entrance on the side of the building to avoid the protestors.

All I can say is that I have over the years dealt with abortion by voting republican and trying to forget about it. God always seems to put issues like this back into my head when I forget.

No comments: