Sunday, September 30, 2007

Umm... I'm really not sure what to say....

Dear Sugar Grove Church Family

It is with a great sadness that I share some important news with you. For the past year, God has been working in the lives of both Shari and I to help us understand his will. We were caught off guard at the resignation of Pastor Roger as were all of you. We knew that God had a plan and purpose for us here at Sugar Grove and we gladly accepted that opportunity and privilege to serve him and you.

It became abundantly clear this past week that God’s plan for us was to help this church and its teenagers struggle through this time of transition when the Elder Board, expressed to me that I am not a fit for the staff that they are trying to build here at Sugar Grove and that it would be a good idea for me to submit my resignation. In turn I tendered my resignation to the Board of Elders on Tuesday, September 25th.
I wanted to take some time and thank you for the wonderful support that you have given Shari and I as we desired to serve you the best way we know how. Thank you so much for all of the support that you have given us by your prayers, kind words, and volunteering to help with the Youth Ministry. Our time here has been a blessing on our hearts.
As we nervously, yet confidently, take the next step in our ministry please pray with us that God’s will for our lives will be made clear. We don’t know what God would have for us next, but as soon as we know we will let you know. Our final Sunday of ministry at Sugar Grove Church will be October 14th.

Thank you,

Joel Wolfgang

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel,
We will be praying for you and Shari as you embark on the next part of your ministy. Also wanted to let you know that we missed you as Ithaca Baptist celebrated our 150 years. We hope to see you and Shari some time soon.

God Bless

Anonymous said...

Hope things work out for you.