Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mid East Peace?

I realize that I haven't been around as long as some, but I thought that I would write something of my thoughts about my feeling of what is happening in the middle east.

One of the first comments I made concerning Israel at war was that it was nice to see God at work. I enjoyed seeing God's people victorious. That thought almost makes me sick now. Not the fact that God is at work, but that death is a part of what is happening and that I was excited about it.

Death and destruction are not part of God's ultimate plan. Unfortunately death is used to get to that ultimate end. I have heard Christians in the past couple of days say things like, "wow it looks like we might be witnessing the fullfillment of prophesy!" Have you ever read Revelation - do you really want to see those things happen? Of course we want to see Jesus return and set up his kingdom, but do we really want to egg on the death and destruction.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't want to get caught up in an "is this the end times" discussion when we should be focused on living according to the way.

5 comments:

Seven Star Hand said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I just knew that someone would completely not read my post and just start commenting on the end times!

klasieprof said...

zap them buggers (the wackos not the ones in war).

It kind of made me sick when I read in CT the first hand account of a Bible Collge Administrator. The death, destruction and devastation was SO huge, and so difficult to grasp.

I remember living on the Marine Corps Base (NC) and Jarheads lamenting the fact at the time that they couldn't go SHOOT something..or Someone.
Its just not right.

War, Governments mandates to murder? I know I know..the "reasons" we are at war. It still..awwckk. Makes me sick.

tammi said...

MidEast peace? Dude...don't you know it's been like a month since you've blogged?? Seriously, losers like me with nothing better to do check this stuff on almost a daily basis. Throw me a bone wouldja? I need a joel-blog fix. :)
Much luv from your favorite sister-in-law...:)

tammi said...

oh...and i'm still waiting for you to update with a link to MY blog. :) Who needs to read about world peace when they can read MY blog about poopy diapers and cream of mushroom soup? :)lol

turd.